Saturday 14 May 2016

KULFI ( ice cream )

I just learnt how to make a new dessert called Kulfi. It basically is ice cream but a "brown" version of it. It was really easy to make, with only 5 ingredients, and it tasted great.


This is how its made:

Ingredients:
  • Whipped cream 
  • Evaporated milk 
  • 1/2 can condensed milk
  • Pistachios/ Almonds  
  • Bread (white or brown)


Steps: 

  1. You start off by mixing 2 tbsp. Of pistachios with 1 can evaporated milk and half a can of condensed milk.










2. Next, you pour it into a dish and freeze it. You can add a layer of crushed pistachios for the purpose of decoration but its not mandatory to do so.


 The Kulfi should take a maximum of 8 hours to completely freeze, and thats it. We are done!!!!


I had planned to make this dish, as it was one of our cultural dishes that everyone loves to have at parties. I searched different recipes online, but they all required a lot of ingredients and steps. They also were very time consuming as well, but this was my mom's recipe after years of experience.

So far, my mom has helped and guided me in most of my cooking experiences. She has been a great resource so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment