Friday 20 May 2016

Kababs

Recently, I made a brown dish commonly known throughout the world as "Kababs" or "Kabobs"... It has many names but the one I prefer using is Chapli Kababs. They come in a variety of shapes, and I chose to make flat, and circular ones.

They are like burger patties, and taste pretty similar. 
There were many challenges I faced throughout the process. For instance;
  • Onion cutting. Unfortunately, I still have not come over the onion tears. They really make me cry, and then my mom eventually comes along, and helps me cut them. 
  • Another Challenge that I faced was mixing the ingredients. Since I was trying to make enough servings to last at least 2 weeks, I needed to use a bit more ingredients than at normal times. I tried mixing everything in a big bowl. but they were not mixing properly. There was always one part that had more spices than the other. Awhile later, while my mom came to check on me, she suggested that I use the big electric mixer we have for larger servings. And I did that, it made life a lot easier. 
  • shaping the kababs was another challenge. It was very difficult to shape them in circles, because the kept on sticking everywhere on my hands. I searched up some tips on how to not let the kababs stick and many websites suggested to rub oil over the hands. I followed through, and it did work. The Kababs were somewhat circular, better than what I had made before. 
Here are some pictures of the cooking procedure:












  • Finally, the process of making these kababs was very time consuming. It took a lot of time to wash, add spices, and shape and cook them. 
  • This is one of my favorite dishes, and therefor if I practice making them a couple more times, I am sure I will be able to make them without any help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment